All Orders Ship Within 1-2 Business Days
June 13, 2014 3 Comments
Here is a step by step tutorial:
1. First, we want to curl the hair into loose curls before we braid it, that will give it that extra fullness in the braid. Start by parting your hair into 2-3 sections depending on how thick your hair is. Curl the bottom layer by wrapping approximately a 1 inch strand of hair around your curling wand and hold for about 5-10 seconds. Once that layer is done, lightly spray it with hairspray and take down the next layer of hair and repeat until all the hair is curled.
2. Next we want to take the top section of the hair and split it into two sections, we want to backcomb the first section of hair and spray it with hair spray and flip it over, and do the same thing to the second section. Then pull both sections back and lightly smooth over the top with a comb to make sure no rats are showing. The next step is to secure that top section with an elastic. That will give you the extra volume on the top that Elsa has.
3. Now it's time to start the french braid. Start at the top by braiding the section of hair that was pinned up in the elastic and work your braid down. Once you are about half way down, start braiding at an angle to the side of the body you want the braid to fall on.
4. Once the braid is complete, secure the braid at the end with an elastic. Then we like to pull a few front pieces out around the face and curl them. Once that is done we like to make the hair even fuller by lightly tugging on each side of the braid lightly pulling it apart to give it that extra full look. You can now cut the elastic out of the hair at the top of the braid if you don't want it visible (optional). Now your braid is complete! To finish it off, we like to add some snowflakes and rhinestones throughout the braid. It is beautiful and adds so much to the look!
5. Now that the hair is complete we like to finish off the look by adding some glitter to the side of the face and eyelids. We used a makeup setting spray and loose glitter, or you can get a glitter face gel that is carried at most craft stores. We sprayed our fingers with the makeup setting spray and lightly padded it on the face where we wanted the glitter, then we put the loose glitter on top. That will hold the glitter on and should not irritate the skin. Once that is done we took a few rhinestones and applied those to the sides of the face.
HERE IS THE FINISHED ELSA AND ANNA LOOK BELOW! WE LOVE IT!!
GET ALL THE ITEMS FEATURED HERE!!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Get 10% Off Your First Order!
Our products sell out FAST! Be the first to know about new releases and get coupons by joining our mailing list! (Discount is for first time customers only).